Monday, February 05, 2007

Weekend Update

It’s Monday morning and I am at work. I’m normally just rolling out of bed at this time, but I’m on a different schedule this week. I hate waking up at 5:45 a.m., but, on the plus side, I get to leave here at 4 p.m. So it balances out.

My weekend was anything but exciting. I sat at home Friday evening and watched Return To Oz. It was one of my three favourite movies while growing up (the other two being Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal), and I was surprised that it is still a great film. I think the best thing about it is that there are very few, if any, CGI effects. That’s the problem with most movies these days, everything is CGI. It was great reliving an old favourite.

I drove up to visit B on Saturday. We hung out w/ his family and played Wii. I adore his family (all that I’ve met – there’s still a sister I haven’t been introduced to). Again, like with B, I’m more relaxed around them than some people that I have known for years. As for B, I have no idea what he wants from me. My intentions were to have a talk with him, but we never really had time to ourselves. I tried once unsuccessfully. I asked him how much of my blog he had read, but the conversation didn’t get any further than that. Since he has read my blog, he obviously knows my feelings are more romantic than platonic. It needs to be addressed soon, though, as I'm finding myself falling more for him. I’m fairly certain of how things will turn out, but I’d rather know for sure than to sit on it any longer.

Since I ended up staying over at B’s (before you think it, no, nothing happened, I was merely too tired to drive the hour + to get home and we slept in separate bedrooms), I had to wake up early to get home and tend to Zadie. I had trouble sleeping during the night as I wasn’t in my bed, so I tried to get some more zzzz’s in when I got home. I wasn’t successful, so I ended up having brunch with a friend. He came back to my flat and we watched The Object Of My Affection. I love this movie and have had a huge crush on Paul Rudd since I first saw it in the theatre. He’s adorable!

B’s boyfriend (a friend of mine for a couple years) invited me up to his house to watch the Super Bowl, but I ended up passing on that. Aside from being uncomfortable around him considering I like his boyfriend, I wouldn’t have known anyone else there and I hate football. It’s also a long drive and I was honestly too tired. I ended up having a quick bite to eat with my roommate and then calling it a night. I drifted off to sleep watching Failure To Launch. It was surprisingly cute.

Which brings us to today, which I already covered. Alright, it’s time to get back to work!

4 comments:

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Sweetie - NOTHING balances out waking up at 5:45am. That is truly my version of hell. I am SO not a morning person. Anything before 7am at the earliest and you loose me. ;-) Sounds like you had a fine weekend. Watch yourself with B. If you are falling for him even more - and he STILL HAS a boyfriend, caution is warranted. I'm not sure how you could have stayed there feeling about him the way that you do - that would have been torture for me (though not as bad as waking up at 5:45am - hahaha). Have a GOOD Monday!

gayborhood gringo said...

Maybe "falling for" was the wrong choice of words. I'm not in love or anything, I just like him more each time I hang out w/ him. I'm also well aware of the situation I'm in, so I'm not about to let myself get too deep into anything. At this point, I'm still very much capable of keeping the relationship on a friendship only level. Is that what I want, no...cause he's only the second person that that I've ever liked in this way. If things don't work out in my favor, sure, I'll be a little sad. Not broken hearted or anything, that's for sure. I mean, how can I be sad about something that I never really had to begin w/ , right?

Anonymous said...

I love Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal. I liked the first Neverending Story too. Oh, and Fraggle Rock. Do you see a pattern here?

I think I heard somewhere that they are making a sequel to TDC. That would be cool.

gayborhood gringo said...

ooh, Fraggle Rock was my favourite show. I heard they are making a feature film version. What is even more surprising is that they said that they would be staying true to the show, so hopefully no CGI crap.

Not sure about the sequel to Dark Crystal, but I heard that rumour, as well. I hope it's true. Oooh, now I need to watch that movie. Haven't seen it in ages.