Monday, February 26, 2007

Artist's Block

I had dinner with a friend this evening, and afterward I felt this sudden urge to draw. However, my room has been quite the mess since my roommate moved in. I've been procrastinating. That changed tonight, though. If I wanted to do work, then I had to do some spring cleaning. I cleared off and reorganized my shelfs and cleared off my second desk. Of course, now I have the other desk left with a bunch of crap on it, but I'll tackle that this week. I wanted to to do at least enough to get started on a new piece.

This is where I'm stuck. Unless I'm drawing comics, I don't enjoy drawing from memory. It's more of a challenge for me if I can copy a photograph. At least in my early stages of attempting to recapture and hone my skills. The downside of this is that I can never find any picture. Just as I am with my guys, I am very particular about what I want to draw. I prefer professional photography of a female. Although I really do need to work on drawing a male every now and then, I know my strength is in the female form. Of course, my problem tonight is that I can't find a damn thing to draw. Ugh. Oh well, I will go to Borders or something tomorrow after the gym and peruse the magazines in hopes that something will catch my eye. In the meantime, I guess I should just be happy that my room is a little less cluttered. Or at least that it appears to be.

No comments: