Friday, February 23, 2007

Leaving So Soon

Despite the lackluster episodes that have aired recently, I still love me some Grey's Anatomy. However, what I hate is when a successful show removes an integral character (even if they are a supporting character) to showcase them in a spin-off. Actually, this happened on the last show I was highly addicted to, Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Granted, I didn't care too much for Angel, but I loved Cordelia and the love/hate relationship w/ Xander.

Now Addison (Kate Walsh) may just be transplanted into her own series. A two hour Grey's special, co-starring Taye Diggs, is set to air in May and will most likely lead to a spin-off. I guess I should be happy that it at least has Grey's series creator/writer Shonda Rhimes in charge. I just wonder how this will affect the dynamic of Grey's. Actually, the whole subplot between Addison and intern Alex possibly having a romance can totally be thrown out the window. Unless, like w/ Angel, they remove more than one character. Lets hope this doesn't turn into another franchise happy series like CSI or Law & Order.

2 comments:

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Hey Mister - I LOVE Law and Order - ALL of them, so you betta watch what you say! ;-) Ha! Truly, I know Grey's Anatomy is a big deal these days, but I never got into it - I think it's partly 'cause I live in Seattle and I know things don't REALLY look the way they are shown on the show - like when the ferry was on fire - not even close to the way that part of the city looks. Now, "Frasier" did a better job at showing Seattle if you ask me...

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I feel about this. It seems too soon for a spinoff, and they rarely ever make it. I guess this one would have the best chance of surviving, but time will see.