Thursday, February 08, 2007

Consolation Prizes

I had a half day yesterday and ended up spending it hanging out with B. As is always the case when I get to see him, it was a lot of fun. I finally met his sister, who is just as sweet as the rest of the family, and her two beautiful little girls. Another friend of his was up visiting, as well, so we spent pretty much the entire day playing Wii. His friend had never even heard of the game system before, so we had fun introducing her to it. Of course, now she wants one.

She (lets refer to her as MG) and I ended up playing Trauma Center, which proved to be highly addictive. For those who are not familiar w/ this game, it’s basically a grown up version of Operation. You have to do things like cut people open, remove tumors and glass shards and stitch them back up. As I said, it’s fun and addictive. Unfortunately, MG was far better than I was. Then again, she had the opportunity to attempt her surgeries more than once. Eh, she’d still probably be better than me at it. Haha.

As for B, I haven’t had any alone time with him to talk to him about our situation. After thinking things over on my way home yesterday, I have decided to back off. Romantically, that is. I don’t want to complicate his life any more than it already is, and, besides, he really needs a friend more right now. Maybe once this whole mess is over with, he will come to his senses and realize what a catch I am (and very modest, too). Lets hope, for his sake, that I’m still available when he does finally come to his senses.

I know some people have been skeptical about my interest in him, but he’s a genuinely big-hearted and sweet man…despite the “drama”. I know that I don’t really know him very well ( considering we’ve only been hanging out now for a little over a month), but I’m a very good judge of character. Besides, I can think of a few other people in my life that I have been “warned” to stay clear of that have turned out to be incredible friends. Then again, I also know that the people warning me are trying to make sure I don’t get hurt and are not necessarily meaning to judge the person.

On a side note, my arms are extremely sore today. I can barely raise them. I missed out on the gym last night, but plan on going after work today to work my legs. Then I’ll go back Friday to work out my arms (which are sore from working out my chest on Monday). I’m so pumped for this weekend. Darin and Brett will both be in town, so this weekend I will (hopefully) be heavily intoxicated!

1 comment:

Darin said...

Get yer eatin' pants on - we're going out for Mexican.

Oh..and you're drinkin' heels on, too. Cuz..well...it's us.