Thursday, February 15, 2007

Put Your Records On 07.08

While I don’t typically enjoy listening to Christian music, I have been known to enjoy the occasional track whose message is a bit ambiguous. I’ll admit to enjoying a few offerings from the likes of Bebo Norman, Jars of Clay and Newsboys. As long as it’s mainstream enough and doesn’t necessarily reference God, I’ll give it a chance.

I kept seeing Mat Kearney’s name pop up a few places, so I decided to look him up and give his music a listen to. Turns out he’s a Christian artist that has managed to hit the mainstream thanks to a little assist from Grey’s Anatomy playing a couple of his tracks. He’s actually not all that bad, despite faux rapping in a few of the tracks. I took a liking to Where We Gonna Go From Here, which, coincidentally, is the first track that Grey’s played. You may purchase his album via
Mat Kearney

And it doesn't hurt that he is a little easy on the eyes...

Artist: Mat Kearney
Album: Nothing Left To Lose
Track: Where We Gonna Go From Here

3 comments:

GayProf said...

See -- I hate when I am scanning through the radio and find a song with a decent beat. Just as I am getting into it, suddenly there are some lyrics about "being saved" or "accepting Him into my heart." I feel deceived when that happens. I am just sayin'.

gayborhood gringo said...

I am so with you. Thank GOD I don't listen to radio any more. :)

The Persian said...

I don't listen to radio either. With my 6cd changer in the car and Itunes/limewire why bother.

:)