Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Crazy

Over the weekend I received calls from my sister and step-father. Both acted as though they were just calling to chat, but I knew it was just my mother trying to check up on me. A couple months ago, I politely asked my mother if she could refrain from text messaging me on a daily basis. It had really gotten out of hand. She would text me several times throughout the day, every day. She'd even tag on "you don't need to reply" on some, but then text me a few minutes later asking why I never responded. I literally had to check in with her every day to let her know that I was alive. So I put an end to it.

So, apparently, she told my sister that she had a dream that I died, so she needed her to find out if I was still alive. Then her friend passed, so she again had my sister follow up with me to see if I was still alive. Seriously? I understand she cares about me, but there's a limit. Most people don't understand and think she's cute, but that changes once you have to put up w/ it on a regular basis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That does sound like a tough predicament. You probably already have, but maybe you should have a talk with her and see what's going on there. What does your sister and step-father say about it?