Thursday, February 01, 2007

Top Chef

I didn't want to like Bravo's Top Chef, but I ended up getting sucked into it one day when there was nothing else on television. It's formula is similar to Project Runway (same producers, I think). The contestants have a quick fire challenge to start, and, at least up toward the end, the winner receives elimination for the main challenge. Whoever made the worst dish for the main challenge would be asked to, "pack [their] knives and leave." Throughout the show I was rooting for Ilan Hall (the cute one, in my opinion - and even more so w/ his glasses), a 24 y.o. chef in NYC that specializes in Spanish cuisine. While I haven't had a chance to catch the finale yet, I was pleased to find out that he won the second season of the series. I can't wait to see what he made for the finale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Top Chef fan too. Ilan deserved to win, he was the most consistent. I kinda felt bad for Marcel (wolverine) though. No one really liked him, but he always challenged himself with his creations, which is a great trait for such a young chef. Bravo just knows how to crank these good shows out. I love PR, and Workout is coming back in March. Yay. Have a great weekend!

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

He is pretty damn cute, and if he can cook, too - WINNER! I dated a French chef for a while and it was pure heaven - he was a hottie and made some killer dinners (and breakfasts). ;-) MMMMM. Frites!