Monday, January 29, 2007

The Way We Mend

Last night I hung out w/ the ex for the first time in over a month. We spent most of the night just laughing as we put a desk that I had reacquired back together, cause, well, I'm not much of a handy man. I think it relaxed him enough to tell me that he's been angry with me for the past several weeks. We were on the outs and I had no idea. He was upset w/ and disappointed in me because he thought that I had thrown our friendship away. I was shocked when he told me, because the last time that I saw him I told him that I can’t imagine not having him in my life at all. If it meant he was just a friend, then so be it. I’ve also made attempts to hang out with him prior to last night. But, whatever. We are back on good terms, and that's all that really matters.

It was so nice to be able to hang out with him and have no subject off limits. Before, it hurt too much to hear him talk about another guy. Actually, I think he became a little uncomfy when I mentioned that there was someone I liked, as he quickly changed the subject. Overall, it was a great evening. I’ve missed him a lot and it’s nice to have one of my best friends back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's really good to know that some breakups can resolve amicably. I'm glad, if you have to have a breakup, that you have one like that.