Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Put Your Records On 07.04

I remember seeing the video for Regina Spektor's song Us while we were waiting in line at Gay Day at Six Flags Over Texas this past September. While I couldn't actually hear the song, I made a mental note to look her up when I got home since the video was interesting to me. As usual, though, I forgot to do so. Then two days ago, I saw her name somewhere and I immediately found and downloaded her latest album, Begin To Hope. I'm about six months late jumping on the bandwagon (at least in regards to this album), but better late than never in this case.

Since I've been on a high of sorts since the beginning of the year, I immediately took a liking to the love song, Fidelity. It's sweet, sappy and makes me happy. And it is catching on with others, as it has been climbing the charts slowly but surely. Give this alternative pop song a listen to, and, if you are so inclined, buy her amazing album HERE.

Artist: Regina Spektor
Album: Begin To Hope
Track: Fidelity

2 comments:

J. David Zacko-Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J. David Zacko-Smith said...

She has a really great voice and I actually love the song! Great pick and thanks for the "heads up" (even if it was a little late - hahaha). ;-) It is definately catchy, though it has lyrics that are meaningful, too.