Thursday, January 25, 2007

Flirting With Disaster?

So I received a very interesting text message from B a little while ago, one that would, under normal circumstances, be well received. Considering he's in a relationship, though, he may just want to have his cake and eat it, too. We'll see though. What with the drama that has been unfolding in his life over the past couple weeks, he may very well be available. Then again, because of the drama, if the opportunity presented itself I may not want to take our friendship to a different level.

I'll be seeing him on Saturday, and it looks like we will definitely have a lot to discuss.

6 comments:

Adam said...

A friend of mine told me after she had been in a very terrible situation in her life these sage words of advice"

"Never make anyone a priority in your life when you are just an option to them."

Anonymous said...

Great quote from Adam. Go with your gut feeling, it usually steers me right. Sounds like you just need to clear the air and see what his true intentions are. Be strong!

Daddy Cool said...

Dude, these are the times I wish I could call a blogger friend and have some words. ; )

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Oh, Adam has wise words - be careful! Been there, done that, and it's drama that is not generally worth it. I'm not saying not to try and make something work with B, but to just look out for YOUR interests, too - passion, lust and desire can make us blind! ;-)

gayborhood gringo said...

I've already made a decision on how to handle this situation. I've thought long and hard about it. The results may not be what I necessarily want, but we shall see how tomorrow goes.

And don't worry, my only priority is myself. I already spent three years with someone that caused nothing but drama and almost took me down with him. I am stronger now than I've been, and, rest assured, I will not allow myself to ever be in a similar situation again.

Unknown said...

Saturday was great...given the load of drama in my life. You made things better. Hope to see you more of you. B.