Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Relax (Take It Easy)

It was proving to be a typical Tuesday evening as I headed home to work on my apartment some more (as I didn't do a thing last night)...that is, until B called. He told me he was picking up dinner for us and that I needed to get my ass over to his place so we could finally have a (video) game night. How could I possibly object? So I showered, changed clothes, swooped up Zadie and headed over to his pad.

To my amazement and delight, Ms. Zadie took an instant liking to B. This is a total first for her, as it usually takes her a little while to warm up to people. The downside is that she HATES his dog, which is a 5 or 6 month old Italian greyhound. In his dog's defense, it (a female, but I'm going to refer to his dog as 'it' for distinguishing purposes) was trying to play w/ her. I think it got off to the wrong start, as it was a little too rough too soon. In another night of firsts w/ Zadie, she was growling, showing her teeth and snapping at his dog. Watching the two interact was absolutely hilarious, but, being the guest and all, Zadie won out and his dog was locked in her pin. Zadie ruled the couch and we took turns holding her.

Of course, the whole dog saga was going on while we were attempting to play video games. We started off on his old playstation w/ some whacked out version of Monopoly. It was far too confusing because you don't take turns, everyone just does everything at once. Too much going on all at once (as well as the computer tearing us to shreds), so we quickly switched it out for Trivial Pursuit. What can I say, he wanted a game night. :) This was better since we actually took turns, but it was far too slow (both pace wise and the game system itself). So he whipped out his Wii and things got way more interesting.

First, I created my mii (a far better version than the one I created on NYE) and we got to playing. He had just picked up a cheap game called Rampage, which looks related to the Donkey Kong games (but I don't think it is). It's a monster game where you basically just go around eating people and causing as much damage as possible. We had a lot of fun destroying Las Vegas and San Francisco. Before we knew it, it was 11:45 p.m. We both have places to be at 10 a.m. the next morning, so we decided to call it a night.

This is only the third time we have hung out, but I'm amazed at how comfortable that I am around him. I'm usually nervous around everyone (and I mean everyone) and am always fumbling over my words (assuming I even talk). Hell, I'm always hanging out with Adam, but I'm still a little nervous around him. Tonight w/ B, I was the most relaxed that I have been in a very long time. Even if nothing develops romantically, at least I have someone I can kind of be myself around (at least when it's just the two of us). I know all that seems like I'm gushing over him, but I'm not. If you only knew how extremely nervous I get around people, then you would understand why I'm excited that I've found someone that doesn't make me feel that way.

Alright kids, it is time that I call it a night.

Ciao!

3 comments:

Jimmi said...

You and Adam and your video games! LOL I can see why you guys are friends.

The Persian said...

That's awesome B makes you feel comfortable. I am super shy myself around people, so I know what you mean.


:)

gayborhood gringo said...

Jimmi - I actually very rarely play video games. Aside from just recently, the last time I played a video game was way back when Nintendo64 was released. I'm in no way a Gomo...yet.