Monday, January 01, 2007

Primer Día De 2007

First things first - HAPPY 2007! I hope that all of you had a wonderful new years eve Sunday night. I know that I certainly enjoyed mine. It was a night filled with friends, games and liqour! Really, what more could you ask for?

The festivities began around 8ish. We arrived and immediately began preparing cocktails and setting up our mii's on the Nintendo Wii. I rarely play video games, but this system is pretty amazing. I mean, just look how entranced Adam (pictured) is. The only flaw we could really find with it is the poor selection of beards when creating your mii. Too lazy to ever actually go out and bowl, we finally had a go at it thanks to Nintendo. Watch Adam demonstrate:



As the evening progressed, we all settled down for a game of Cranium. The one previous time I had attempted to play this was with my family. It required far too much thinking, and, thusly, was put away after five minutes. This time around, the game was far more enjoyable...despite the fact that I'm horrible at guessing songs when they are hummed or whistled. That game pretty much kept us occupied until 2 a.m. or so. As you can tell from the picture, Brad and I (the yellow team) made it to the last stage while Team Losers (the green team, or Adam and Kim) struggled to make it past the first brain.

Today we ventured to a Chinese restaurant for dumplings. Well, that is why everyone else went. My friend B joined us and we both settled on the sesame chicken. Sorry Adam, but, overall, I wasn't impressed with the meal. I'm sure that the dumplings were great, but I couldn't try them since they had pork in them (I don't eat beef, pork or fruits - I know, I'm such a freak!). The company was great, though, which more than made up for the food.

After our late lunch, B and I headed off to see Volver. This was my second time this weekend (as I went w/ Adam and Brad on Friday), and it was far better on the second viewing. While I've known of Almadovar for a while, I had never had the benefit of watching one of his films. Thanks to Adam and Brad, I saw Todo Sobre Mi Madre a few weeks ago. I fell in love with the film and had to see another. La Mala Educacion was the second film that I watched, and it, too, is exceptional. Volver is more comedic and light-hearted, despite a few dark elements being sprinkled in. If you can get past having to read subtitles, then I urge you to see this film.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Why do you insist on taking and then posting the WORST pictures of me EVER! Hahaa.

gayborhood gringo said...

oh please...there were worse pictures of you from that night. haha