Sunday, January 21, 2007

Better

I haven’t been too active in the blogosphere lately, as I haven’t been feeling too well. I won’t get into all the details, but I will say that it most likely was the result of some chicken that was either tainted to begin with or that I did not cook as thoroughly as it looked. Either way, it hasn’t been a pleasant week for me so I just haven’t felt up to writing or chatting w/ just about everyone. But it seems to be over as of today.

The roommate situation has been going somewhat smoothly. He adjusting to not having a door or his own bathroom, and I’m adjusting to living with a roommate and sharing my bathroom. I’ve lived with a boyfriend before, and it’s just not the same thing. It’s been a big adjustment for Zadie, as well, as she isn’t too sure what is going on. She hasn’t really taken a liking to him, but that could very well be because he’s moved into her territory. I’ve been trying to give her extra attention, and she seems to be progressing well.

Over the past week, I have watched a LOT of movies. Children Of Men, Dreamgirls, The Illusionist, Little Miss Sunshine, The Pursuit Of Happyness and The Night Listener. The least enjoyable of the six was easily The Night Listener, but probably because there was no secret. Little Miss and Happyness were mediocre at best. Illusionist and Dreamgirls were both exceptional films that I would definitely recommend seeing. Children Of Men is amazing. It kept my attention then entire time and I never really knew what was going to happen next. It’s also the most realistic of any movie about the future, well, maybe not plot wise (worldwide infertility). I highly recommend you see this on the big screen.

Today I am feeling so much better! I want to go to the gym, but I don’t want to be indoors. After I post this, I’m going to go take a long walk. Put my earphones in and tune the world out. It’ll be nice. Oh, I did get a nice surprise this morning. I had not heard from B (the guy I have a crush on – I know, how high school of me) in a week and a half. We had been flirting via text messages, and I thought maybe I had crossed a line. Well, this morning, I was delighted to receive a text message from him. Turns out he has a very good excuse, but I won’t be divulging why (as I don’t have all the details). The bad news is that he has to remain out of town for the next couple of months. Thankfully, though, he isn’t too far and he’s already invited me up for a visit.

Alright, I need to get out and on my walk, cause I won’t go otherwise. The bed is looking far too tempting right now.

5 comments:

Doug said...

"Pull my finger."

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Glad you are feeling better, Mr. Gringo. ;-)

By the way, not sure HOW you could think that "Little Miss Sunshine" was just mediocre - it was an absolutely fabulous film; funny, well-acted, quirky and poignent! I agree with your other assessments though.

Joshua said...

Enjoy your walk - and boy does that chicken bring back some bad memories. I went through that around Thanksgiving, Yuck! And how exciting about this guy!

gayborhood gringo said...

j. david - I think my take is that it just didn't live up to the expectations I had for it after listening to everyone rave about it. It was heartwarming, funny and well acted, true, but nowhere near as great as it's been made out to be. Just my humble opinion.

Daddy Cool said...

I really liked Little Miss Sunshine too. I loved the oddballs sticking together and the sense of family you got from the film. It made me all warm and fuzzy.

Children of Men was amazing wasn't it. I'd love to see it again sometime.