Thursday, January 04, 2007

Rumour Has It

I left work early because I was feeling lightheaded and dizzy (honestly!). I was going to stay and just deal with it, but I started to get a severe headache from it and couldn't focus on anything. I was also frustrated that I had done a shitload of work in the three hours that I had been there, and a co-worker that had already been there for six hours had done literally only one thing.

So when B (the guy I'm smitten with but has a bf) found out that I had the afternoon off, he made me come over and hang out. When I arrived, he had picked up lunch for us from Chipotle...a place I've never eaten at before because of their connection with McDonald's. It was actually pretty good, though. So we sprawled out on the couch, ate lunch, watched Jennifer Aniston in Rumor Has It, booked plane tickets for his family to Vegas and played w/ his dog. I know I'm being silly, but it was one of the best times that I have had in a long time. He makes me feel good in a way that I haven't felt for a while. Relaxing with him was what I needed to get rid of my headache and everything.

After that, I met up with Adam and the gang for a late Happy Hour at a new bar in downtown Dallas called Pearl. It's a great little joint with cheap drinks...at least during happy hour. Thursday night they have a latin jazz band playing, which is the main reason that the group went. There were not very many people there at all, and by 9 p.m. we were the only customers. If you live in Dallas and haven't been, I recommend it.

I also found out that, starting next weekend, I am going to have a roommate. My friend from Houston just got a job up here and will be moving in with me. I have a decent sized apartment, so he'll be converting the dining room into his bedroom. I'm currently using it as an office, so I really only need to move the desk back into my bedroom. Of course, I will have a lot of cleaning to do over the next week. I have so much shit that I just never bother with, so I'm being forced to finally deal with it. I'm not sure how I feel about having a roommate, but I'm very happy because it's come at a time when I really need the financial assist.

Well, I am off to bed now folks. Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

Doug said...

I've always wanted to go to a bar to kick back 'n' have a live band perform, but unfortunately, I'm too young to be entertained in such places.

You adults 'n' your legal drinking...

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

MMMM....sounds like your "hang time" was enhanced by your crush on the guy. :-) Not that there is a thing wrong with that, just protect yourself. Chances are, he and the BF will break up at some point, and then? Pearl sounds like a lot of fun - I'll have to check it out sometime. My partner lived in Dallas for about 7 years, and I want him to take me there, though I'm sure it has changed. Hey - it's NICE of you to help your friend. I could have never moved to Seattle so easily without help from friends...