Monday, January 08, 2007

I Love New York

I'm pretty much finished with all the reorganizing. All that's left really is to finish sorting through one of my dresser drawers, drop the bags of clothing off at a shelter and to finish taking the junk down to the dumpster. I would be finished w/ the latter, but in the middle of taking it all down there, some guy started searching through the dumpster. I know that this is done quite frequently, but I just don't like the idea of people going through my trash. That's beside the point though. I'm just excited to be done with it all and sooner than I thought. Of course, that just leaves cleaning...which will be a bitch! I'm going to try to get everything cleared out (if not necessarily cleaned) tonight, because I believe that the a/c window unit in what will be my roommate's bedroom is not working properly. It's old (just like everything else in the apartment) and needs to be replaced, but I don't want the maintenance guy coming into a dirty flat.

After telling a couple people this morning that my on again/off again trip to NYC was back on (thanks to acquiring a roommate), I now have to tell them that it is off again. The person I was going w/, Adam, just found out that he'll be able to go to Australia with his partner after all. I'm a little sad, but this way I will be able to have even more money to spend when I go to San Francisco for Pride in June!

2 comments:

Adam said...

Eek, sorry about that lol.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

SF Pride over New York? No way! I'll go to NYC with you - I love it too, have family there, and know it well. The only way that SF Pride can top a trip to NYC is if you have NEVER, EVER been to another pride event in a major city (i.e. - you are a pride virgin).