Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Gold Star Weekend

My long weekend is over and now I’m back to work and my blog. Due to some flaky friends and an ice storm that smashed through Dallas, my weekend wasn’t nearly as busy as I had anticipated. If was delicious, nonetheless.

I was supposed to spend the day with B; however, I believe I scared him off. He hasn’t been in contact with me since Wednesday. Hopefully he will come around, because I definitely don’t want to lose that friendship. Instead of hanging out with him, I had lunch with my friend G. It was great to catch up with him. The rest of the day was spent running errands and making the finishing touches on the apartment in preparation of my new roommate.

Saturday morning I met Adam up at his gym and ended up joining. Now I just need to determine my workout plan. Afterward, Adam and I enjoyed lunch, bought myself some work out shorts and then we went shoe shopping. Adam found shoes, I did not. Actually, I did find shoes, but not any that were in my price range.

That evening, my new roomie arrived. He had one other friend assist w/ his move, but, thankfully, he didn’t have too much stuff. Aside from his mattress and couch, we only had to make two trips up the elevator. Once we finished, I joined Adam and the gang for Pan’s Labyrinth. While I had already seen the movie, it was great to finally see it on the big screen. It’s still a stunning piece of art. If you haven’t seen it yet, this is one you shouldn’t put off.

I can’t really recall doing much of anything on Sunday. The ice storm hit, so we all pretty much stayed in. Yesterday, I hung out around the house during the day. Then I joined Adam for dinner and a movie. We had Vietnamese at this restaurant across the street from my apartment and then so the most wonderful new film, Notes On A Scandal (which stars Academy Award winners Dame Judi Dench and Cate Blanchett). I went thinking that this was a drama, but was pleasantly surprised at just how over the top this film was. We, along with the other gay folk in the theatre, were dying w/ laughter at just how campy and melodramatic this was. While not on the same level as, say, Mommy Dearest, it’s definitely in the same ball park. So many memorable lines, unintentionally funny and campy as all get out. Go out and see this when you get the chance, it’ll be worth it.

2 comments:

richwhiteboy said...

Hello! I am richwhiteboy!

(I hate my blog name, since I am not really all that rich and I am certainly no longer a "boy," but I started out with it long ago and now I'm stuck with it.)

I clicked over to your blog from Adam's, and wanted to let you know I bookmarked you. I'm in Dallas, too.

I love Cate Blanchett, but don't we all? I really liked her as the rich white girl in The Talented Mr. Ripley, because, you know, as richwhiteboy, I could instantly relate.

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of Notes On A Scandal until hearing a few reviews around the blogosphere. I'll have to check it out, sounds like campy fun. I hope you guys are spared from The Ice Storm Pt. 2 ;)