Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Crazy Bitch

A customer just called to complain about our online application, stating that it has been dragging since 3:30 p.m. He indicated that he has tried restarting his entire system several times and has called other users to see if they were having any problems (which they were not). So he called me to see what is up.

I let him know that one of the servers went down just a few moments ago, but that it was back up and running at normal speed now. I suggested he clear his cache (or delete his cookies and temporary files), but he threw a big hissy fit. He stated that he didn't have time to be doing stuff like that as he is very busy and needs to get his work completed. I politely informed him that this was very simple and shouldn't take longer than 30 seconds. He then spent the next minute whining about how he has so much to do and can't be taking so much time out to clear cookies and files. He then told me that he was just going to leave the stuff and deal with it later.

Hmmm...He wasted 4 hours rebooting his computer and calling other users, five minutes bitching to me about how he doesn't have the time to be doing all of that...but somehow he couldn't spend 30 SECONDS to possibly resolve the issue. Some times I wish I could just reach through the phone and strangle these people.

3 comments:

Doug said...

Awwwww, poor blogpimp daddy Jeff is fwustwated!


*big hug*


p.s. Thanks again for the talk.

The Persian said...

I think we are in the same type of department, I get those idiot calls all the time. Only since the bulk of our customers are convenience store owners so not only are they obnoxious, but you have to try and understand their horrible butchered English!!

Happy New Year Buddy :)

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Yep, sounds like customer service "in action" to me! You poor guy. Just remember, don't take it personally and don't let it ruin that handsome face. Patience my dear! I can easily top this story after a few years in banking...