Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Things That Make Me Happy

I have a headache that I just can't shake (no doubt because I'm giving up coffee in an attempt to help me get lean again), so I'm listing a few things that make me happy in an attempt to, well, get me in a happier mood.

Weeds - Smart, Hilarious and addictive. Get your fix every Monday on Showtime.

A Fine Frenzy - Her album, One Cell In The Sea, is full of beautiful love (lost, gained or imagined) songs. From joy to heartbreak, it's chock full of songs that are destined for Grey's Anatomy...but don't let that deter you.

Big Love and Entourage - Two HBO shows that just ended their respective seasons. Thankfully, I can relive every episode since I have them downloaded onto my iPod.

Zadie Smith - My favourite author. Her three novels (White Teeth, The Autograph Man and On Beauty) have all garnered critical praise and awards for a reason. I urge you to pick up her debut (White Teeth) and find out for yourself. In fact, order a copy HERE.

Kelly Clarkson on TOUR - She canceled her summer arena tour in the midst of all the controversy surrounding her much maligned (not rightfully so, though) album, My December, and poor ticket sales; however, she's now relaunching it as a theatre tour. I can't wait!

Blake Lewis - Come on, as if I could leave him off this list. He's adorable and talented. Can't wait for his album, tentatively titled ADD (Audio Day Dream), hopefully due in stores by end of year.

Paul Rudd - No, Blake isn't the only crush I have. I've had a hard on for Paul for over ten years now. From Clueless to The Object Of My Affection to Knocked Up, he's just, well, dreamy.

Alright, I'm actually in a much better mood now that I have Paul on my mind. So I guess this little list did it's job. I doubt I'll get any responses, but what are some of your favourite things?

2 comments:

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

I'm all about getting happy - but, and I hate to be a downer, I drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day and I am VERY lean. Not sure what the connection is, handsome one?

Jimmi said...

I LOVE Weeds! We watched the first 2 seasons this past summer and are looking forward to the 3rd season coming out when it is done. LOVE IT!

Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky-tacky,
Little boxes, little boxes,
Little boxes, all the same.
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky-tacky
And they all look just the same...