Thursday, September 06, 2007

Going Back!

Last night I met with my financial advisor to go over financial aid grants and loans for college. I was worried about how much money I would get due to my income, but I ended up receiving the maximum (loans only, no grants). I initially was told that I would have to pay over $4,300 up front. Since they are letting me break down what I owe into monthly payments, I will be able to afford school this January. Yay!

However, with both the London trip and my first tuition payment happening in December, I'm now going to have to seriously buckle down and not spend money unless I have to. It's a good thing I already gave up alcohol in an effort to lose weight (w/ the exception of Pride on the 16th, I'm going to get sloshed!). No eating out and no Starbucks. It'll be worth it.

Now I just have to look into some additional grants to help reduce what I have to pay out of pocket even more.

1 comment:

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

I am soooooooooooo proud of you!