Thursday, September 27, 2007

Things Get Betty

On tonight's premier of Ugly Betty, I got fooled (won't spoil it for those that haven't watched it yet). Overall, a pretty good start. Last season I was sick of the same episode over and over during the first half of the season, but stuck with it cause I just knew it had to get better. It did, thankfully. It looks like this season will be even better than the last.

As for Grey's Anatomy, I was pleasantly surprised. They seem to have noticed just how dark and unenjoyable the third season was and infused (at least the first episode of) the fourth season with all the drama and humour that we had grown to love. The only real complaint that I have is that I am so sick of the whole lets put someone on either side of Meridith calling out to her and then have her struggle trying to decide which person to go to. It's been overplayed. How many friggin' times has it happened? I know at least at the end of the second season and twice (or more) during last season. It's overdone, drop it. Other than that aspect, I loved the premier.

1 comment:

nickabouttown said...

Totally agree with you. The making Meredith choose thing is just overplayed. Plus, it kind of made her look like an absolute bitch to not even say anything to Lexie.

I know Ellen Pompeo is no spring chicken. She is actually in her mid 30s, but Chyler Lee makes her look like hag. It is time to rethink the make-up on poor, Mer. :-)