Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bang, Bang, My Baby Shot Me Down

I just got turned down for a job at Starbucks! I was looking into working there part time as a barista; however, they knew I was only planning on working through through December. Since they don't hire seasonal help, I was out of luck. I need to go somewhere where they don't know I'm just going to quit on them.

Oh, and I ran into this guy a few weeks ago. He was all over me and telling me that he really like me. You know, an obvious player. How obvious? What he doesn't remember is that he had met me a few months prior to us bumping into each other again. We had sent a couple text messages back and forth, but they had died down as he realized he wasn't gonna get any. I drop him a line today just to say 'hey' and he actually tried to pass it off as though he doesn't speak English. Seriously? I mean, come on, is he stupid enough to think that I don't recall having conversations with him in English! Seriously? Seriously? Too funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha. That is different, not admitting that you speak English! What a turd.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

How did they find out you weren't planning to stay? Just don't tell anyone and you'll be snapped up in a hurry. In Seattle you could just walk down the street to another Starbucks and try again. *WINK* We have like a million of them.

Oh, and that guy sounds like a real loser - it's amazing how silly and stupid men can be!

gayborhood gringo said...

i'm friends w/ the lady at starbucks, so she knew that i was going to be returning to school. besides, i thought that they hired seasonal help.