Thursday, September 27, 2007

Folsom Prison Blues

A week ago tonight, I went to one of the best concerts that I've ever attended...Brandi Carlile. She has no need for any fancy sets, choreographed dance sequences or pyrotechnics. She comes out with her guitar, her band mates and that unique voice of hers and gives performances that captivates and resonates with her audience. A perfect example of this is when she performed a new song, How These Days Grow Long. She performed it completely unplugged (including no microphone) to a hushed crowd (except for the occasional cheering at particular points in the song). Not many artists could accomplish this feat, let alone have such a strong voice that even those people way in the back could hear her. Sadly, I was saving the juice on my camera for a later performance, so I had to refrain from taping it. I did; however, catch her performance of Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues during her encore set. As you can tell, she has the audience really energized.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

so sad that your videos have been taken down :-(