Monday, September 10, 2007

Bound

I've been on a few first dates here lately, but not any really good ones. I was taken to an AA meeting on one, a guy did coke on another, and the other was just too young. So a good one was bound to happen sooner or later, right? Well, it did. Tonight's date was with a guy I met at a friend's birthday party this past Saturday evening. I wasn't so sure how I felt about him when I initially met him, but I liked him well enough to give him a chance. I believe it went well. We seemed to hit it off, but we'll see if he calls for a second date. I've left the ball in his court.

I sound skeptical, but I know what happens if I let myself get my hopes up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you leaving the ball in his court? Is it because you're not sure if you want to see him again? Or are you afraid he will say no?

Hope it goes well for you.

gayborhood gringo said...

hey greg...we both said we'd like a second date, but I asked him to let me know what day works for him. If he doesn't let me know, then he just wasn't that into me.

right now I'm just not hard pressed for a boyfriend. if one comes along, then great! so while i'm open to one, i'm not necessarily looking and i'm definitely not trying to force one.

so far, though, he definitely seems more like boyfriend material than who i've been out w/ in the past few months.