Sunday, September 30, 2007

D'OH More

It only took 19 years, but The Simpsons has finally hit rock bottom. The last several seasons have been mediocre at best, but this latest season is a slap in the face for us hardcore fans out there. It's as if they put all of their ideas and money into making a great movie (which may only seem that way considering some of the crap they've churned out here lately), and then just threw this 19th season together. The most the last few seasons have had going for it has been the improved animation and the occasional laugh-out-loud joke. Two episodes in to this latest has only shown horrible animation and beyond lame plots.

And, really, what right do I have to complain? Bart said it best in the The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show episode: "What right do you have to complain? They've given you countless hours of entertainment for free" well, something along those lines, at least. I don't have a right to complain, but I can say that I'm a little disappointed. Of course, I'm a die-hard fan, so I'm just gonna sit back and hope that it gets better. Or that they end it and focus all their talent into another great film.

2 comments:

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

All good things must come to an end. I'm amazed it's taken this long...people are so fickle.

nickabouttown said...

I am friends with some die hard Simpson's fans, and I have to say I always found their recitation of the best lines much funnier than actual episodes. I've never disliked the Simpsons (I leave that for the Family Guy), but I can't say it has ever been must see TV for me.

I am thinking they are going to say sayonara after their 20th season. It just seems that is a good milestone to meet.