Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Look At Moy

I'm a little late to the game, but that's because I don't live in Australia nor do I have Sundance Channel. One of the most delightfully hilarious television series is Kath & Kim. Jan Turner and Gina Riley star as the titular characters, a mother and daughter that bicker and sling insults back and forth (my favourite line: "I'm not criticizing you mom, I'm just saying you look bad"). In the first season, Kath is planning her wedding, while Kim is battling her weight ("I did it the old fashioned way... Laxatives and smokes.") and her husband of two months. Magda Szubanski plays Kim's "second best friend" Sharon, a hypochondriac prone to accidents and desperately lonely...or, as Kim says about her, "She's one of those people who makes you feel better when they're around... You know, in comparison."

I think if you enjoy Little Britain, chances are you will enjoy this. Watch a little preview of the first season HERE.

It's no surprise that NBC has jumped at the chance to do an American version...It's currently a possible mid-season replacement in 2008. Lets hope it turns out more like The Office and is actually funny. Maybe we'll find out.

No comments: