Friday, January 25, 2008

Who's That Girl?

Nearly three years AFTER it's initial release, Robyn's self-titled (and originally self-released) album is still a force to be reckoned with. They are finally testing the waters stateside by releasing the Rakamonie EP this Tuesday. It contains five brilliant tracks that I would call the best off the album...if only it weren't one of those rare albums where all the tracks are equally brilliant. This is the only album that has made my yearly Best Albums list more than once (in 2005 and 2007, and most likely 2008, as well).

Below is the ballad version of the original first single (third in the UK rollout)




It's unfortunate that I will be missing her performances here in the states. If only I could move to NYC sooner. I'm sure I'll get to see her one day. Check her out on MySpace and check out more from her on iTunes:
Robyn
US
Robyn
UK

No comments: