Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Go Along With

Swedish band Peter Bjorn And John originally released their single Young Folks (which features vocals by Victoria Bergsman) all the way back in 2006. It was re-released in September of last year and even named iTunes' 2007 song of the year. And yet, somehow, it completely flew under my radar. I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon late, but I just caught on to it and it's a fantastic song with a retro-yet-modern vibe. Once again, it's best to leave pop in the hands of the Swedish...they obviously know what they are doing.




Like what you hear? Check them out on MySpace or iTunes:
Peter Bjorn and John

1 comment:

jeremy said...

PB&J are great, so is Victoria's former band, the Concretes. If you can get into things that are a bit more out there, I'd recommend Jenny Wilson (not to be confused with Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley and Troop Beverly Hills fame). She's on the label run by The Knife (who I'm almost 100% positive is too out there for you) but she's folk-ier and perhaps you'd like her.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ao_NVUCyz-0