Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hold My Hand While You Cut Me Down

I've been reluctant to post about Adele since it seems just about everyone else already has. Assuming you haven't already heard of her, she's a singer-songwriter that ranked first in the recent Sound Of 2008 poll conducted by industry experts for BBC 6. She's also been heavily compared to Amy Winehouse, but, in my opinion after listening to her debut album 19, I'm definitely confused by those comparisons. Granted, she has a raspy voice, but she sounds more like Kate Nash (with a hint of Winehouse, maybe). I just think that the comparisons to Winehouse can only hurt her. I personally went into the album expecting something completely different, so it was kind of a let down. I guess if you had to compare her to Winehouse, you could say she's scaled back, drama-free Winehouse-lite. I'm not trying to discount the album, because it's definitely solid. There are a lot of great songs, including Tired (which I can't seem to get enough of right now), which you can listen to below. Just warning you so you don't go in expecting something as brilliant as Back To Black




Head on over to MySpace for more tunes and tour dates. Buy her album and/or single(s) via the iTunes link below:
ADELE
UK only

US residents can buy the import via Amazon.com.

No comments: