Friday, January 25, 2008

Safe & Sound

The Eels is an essentially one-man-band and hails from America. It appears I'm now on a kick with American artists. Anyway, I haven't listened to this group since their album Beautiful Freak, which came out over a decade ago. A close friend had turned me on to them and I was instantly in love with it. Hmmm...I think I need to track down my copy now that I think about, it's due a good listen to. I'm getting sidetracked. His new album, Useless Trinkets: B Sides, Soundtracks, Rarities And Unreleased 1996-2007 got released last week and Stereogum offered up the below track for free this week. The track is titled I Want To Protect You.




Like what you hear? Check him out on MySpace for additional music and tour dates. Purchase music over on iTunes:
Eels
US
Eels
UK

No comments: