Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Life Is Sweet

The other day I retrieved the mail and found two copies of Entertainment Weekly. My roommate has subscriptions to countless magazines, including EW, so I initially thought there was just a slip-up and he received a duplicate copy. Then I saw my name at the bottom. I had a subscription, but it expired over a year ago. Since then they have been sending offer after offer begging me to come back.

So how did I get signed up for another year-long subscription? I certainly didn't sign up for it (since my roommate has one already) and I haven't been charged anything. Nobody has let me know that they purchased the subscription for me. Am I to assume that EW decided that the lowest they could go on price for renewing my subscription would be to give it to me for free?

Has anything like this happened to any of you?

No comments: