Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We Could Be Heroes

My former roommate (he moved out two weekends ago) spent the past few months trying to get me to watch Heroes with him every week. I refused to as I did not want to come into a show halfway through a season and try to figure out what was going on and who is who. I finally downloaded the entire season last week, so I spent approximately 16 hours over the long weekend watching all 23 episodes (with commercials cut out, each episode is just over 40 minutes). I must admit, I got hooked and can't wait for the next season to start up.

The show reminds me a lot of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Both have the requisite good v. evil plot line that unfolds over the course of an entire season and wraps up with a huge finale. They have both explored alternate realities and have even thrown in characters from this reality to mix it up a little. And both have a strong female blond as the central character (Claire - the cheerleader; although they are all basically supporting characters on Heroes). And, on a personal note, I jumped on the bandwagon late in the game on both, but was also instantly addicted to both.

5 comments:

Christopher said...

I jumped on this bandwagon a litle late too, but now I'm aching for 'Volume 2'...also, I'm still trying to get caught up with "Lost"...so much TV, so little time!

GayProf said...

I tried to get into Heroes when it started, but couldn't quite get hooked. Now that it is summer, I might try again...

gayborhood gringo said...

Honestly, I tried watching the first episode when it first aired. The acting isn't great, but it isn't meant to be. You eventually get caught up in the story and stop focusing on the cheesy acting.

Honestly, this started off just like a bad syndicated shows (w/ a larger budget), but it evolved into something much better.

Anonymous said...

I came late into Heroes too. I downloaded the episodes from iTunes a few weeks back. I need to seriously work on viewing them, only on episode 8 so far.

I came late to Buffy as well. I'm always a late bloomer when it comes to good tv it seems. Ugh.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

I like Heroes, but it didn't captivate me like it did some...I'd watch when I remembered it was on, and I got kinda bored with it after a while.