Monday, May 07, 2007

I Try

I've come to the realization that I'm doomed to be attracted to unavailable men. With the exception of N (and we all know how that turned out), the past year and a half since my last relationship dissolved has only brought me men already in relationships. I usually don't know they are involved when the attraction begins, and last night is the perfect example. A couple weeks ago I met a guy, lets call him J. He's not my usual type, but there was something about him that caught and maintained my attention. I ran into him the following weekend and we chatted briefly. However, I got the impression he was possibly interested. So I was a little happy when I bumped into him again last night. We chatted for a few before we both had to get back to our respective group of friends, but he mentioned that we needed to hang out and to call him. Later, though, my friend was talking about his love life and mentioned that his last two exes are now dating. Guess who one half of that couple is...if you said/thought J, you're right.

My new take on dating now is to not even bother looking. I say, let them come to me, cause I know if I go up to someone they are going to end up being in a relationship. However, the problem w/ that is nobody wants to come up to me. I think I'm going to be single for a while. Haha. Seriously, though, I'm really happy where I'm at in life right now. I have a few things planned for myself in the near future. I'll be moving in a few months (not leaving Dallas, just can't afford to live where I do now and save money), going back to school in January and hopefully treating myself to a much needed week long holiday in London for my birthday.

Okay, I'm going to finish catching up on some television I've missed, just thought I would post an update that wasn't American Idol related.

1 comment:

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

The problem with gay guys is that, even though many are in relationships, they are open to sex (maybe because they are in open relationships...or not), and so they can give the impression that they are interested in you - and they are, but just in sex. If you want more -- you are out of luck. I can't tell you how many times this happened to me when I was single and dating -- and now, about 90% of the men in relationships that I know have open ones.