Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Someone Has To Go

I've been listening to Blake Lewis's performances from last evening, and I must say that they are definitely growing on me. That's right, I'm having a change of heart.

I did not see Jordin Sparks' performances (save one, which wasn't that great, btw) last night; However, I have not been hearing too much praise. Honestly, I think she peaked during country week when she performed Broken Wing. At that time, I had not yet formed an opinion of her, but that performance made me a fan. Yet she has consistently under-performed since, with the judges lumping unwarranted praise on her. All this time I've been thinking that they had been trying to condition us to vote for her, but now I'm thinking that they may be setting her up to fail. Who could possibly live up to all the hype and praise that has been thrown at her week after week (especially considering how most of those were 'just okay' performances).

My point is, I think Melinda Doolittle will definitely be in the top two. It's a toss up between Blake Lewis and Jordin, but I'm kind of thinking that Blake has a real shot at staving off elimination this week. So I guess I'm going with Melinda and Blake in the top two.

No comments: