Thursday, May 31, 2007

Shock Value

I've yet to view the original Hostel (which came out last year), but considering how popular the first one was I felt intrigued to see what all the fuss was about. So, when a copy of Hostel: Part II came across my desk (so to speak), I decided to check it out. With Heather Matarazzo attached, I thought, "How bad could this really be?" I'm not saying that she's a brilliant actress, but the stuff I've seen with her in it hasn't been all that bad. This film is the exception.

I would go on a whole rant about the type of people that get off on this type of movie, but instead I'm just going to suggest that you don't see it. To me, it contains no redeeming value whatsoever. Even if this were your typical horror movie, I would still strongly suggest you avoid it. The acting and storyline are horrendous.

At least Eli Roth did what he set out to accomplish, which was to include as much blood as possible.

2 comments:

Jimmi said...

Don't waste your time with Hostel, it was a total BLAH movie. We were shocked they actually made a sequel. The only reason we didn't walk out of the movie was because the guys were semi cute in it.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

I can't see movies like that - too much suspense and gore. Oddly enough, though, "real life" gore doesn't bother me so much. Thannks for the warning - now I don't feel like I missed anything (except wasting money).