Saturday, May 19, 2007

Lost And Found

Yesterday I logged on to my MySpace hoping to find a new message from a new friend in England; however, what I found was a message from someone I haven’t spoken to in about 8 years. Not just anyone, but my best friend from 2nd grade all the way through my freshman year in college.

What went wrong, you ask? I was a coward. I was in a very difficult position in my life and I was afraid to turn to my best friend for support. Not to put blame on him, but he and his girlfriend were constantly using the term “gay” in a derogatory manner, and since I was just coming out it stung a little more than it would now. So I just cut him out of my life. It’s something I do well. Now, tables turned is not so easy for me to deal handle, but that’s another issue altogether.

Now, thanks to MySpace, I don’t have to tell him I’m gay, he knows it. Assuming he read my profile and looked at my pictures. Haha. Right now we are kind of bringing each other up to speed on what we’ve missed. He has three kids and, well, I’m gay. Yeah, I don’t have an exciting life outside of my sexual orientation. It’s cool. That’s all about to change in January, though.

While I’ve found an old friend, I’ve lost my friend/roommate. I knew this day would come when he moved in this past January, but it’s still kind of sort of sad. Okay, not really. Yeah, I will miss him as I got used to having someone else around, but, at least for the next three months, he’s just across the street. Literally. His apartment is across the street. In three months, though, I’m moving to south Dallas, as some friends of mine own a house and offered their spare room to me so I can save money while going to school. I think that’s really generous of them. In fact, it’s the only reason I can afford my trip to London this December.

Alright, I just finished helping my roommate move into his new flat, my back is extremely sore (with no boyfriend to massage it for me) and I’m exhausted. So I’m going to try to get some beauty sleep before meeting up with some friends tonight.

Hope all of you are having a fantastic weekend!

No comments: