Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Shot Through The Heart

In a night full of strong performances (w/ the notable exception of Jordin Sparks, who not only performed poorly but looked even worse than she sounded), Blake was the icing on the cake. When I saw him all emo'd out, I was a little weary. He managed to take a Bon Jovi classic (You Give Love A Bad Name) and put his own spin on it. For the first time since the competition really began, he let loose with the beatboxing and showed us what he's all about. People think this is just a show for singers, but it's also a show for performers (and at least Blake can also sing). I hope it was good enough to keep him on for at least another week, as he definitely keeps the show interesting. Here is video of Blake Lewis's performance:





1 comment:

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

WOW! I like the darker hair - I think he looks GREAT - though, I admit, that I cannot get that picture of him shirtless out of my mind - I need to see another pic, a better one, to counteract that glimpse...