Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Chicago

Since the trip to San Francisco for the blog convention and Pride is no longer possible for me, I have made plans to join one of my best friends in Chicago from July 27-30, 2007.

While I have been to Chicago at least once a year for the past 15 years or so, I have never really been in the city. My relatives live two hours away in a small town in Indiana, so we've always flown in and taken a bus from the airport. Last summer, I rented a car so I could get a little bit of shopping done on Michigan Avenue, but that put me in the city for a meager 2 hours.

This time I'll be in the city for four days/three nights. Since I've never really been before, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to do while I'm there...aside from shopping on Michigan Avenue (which I'll be doing cause there is no H&M in Dallas).

3 comments:

GayProf said...

I love Chicago!

Are you wanting tourist type things (Art Institute, Field Museum, Navy Pier (Speaking of the word "navy," if you are there on a weekend, all the newly graduated sailors from the nearby training facility are often touring around the city... Mmmm, Sailors), Museum of Science and Industry)? Or gay type of things? Boystown starts somewhere around north Halsted street.

Since I have always just been a visitor, I am sure your other readers/friends/relatives have a better sense. Still, I love it there.

DanNation said...

:(

I wish you could come to San Francisco...!

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Well, I love Chicago, was just there in November for a conference. I'd definately see Millenium Park and the Art Institute, and "Boys Town" is great fun. Also, going to see all the Frank Lloyd Wright arctitecture is very cool, and the campus of Northwestern University is beautiful (cute college guys, too).