Friday, March 30, 2007

Put Your Records On 07.14

I remember flipping through the channels in the wee hours of the morning about 8 years ago and a video catching my eye. It was more the music than the song than the video, actually. The band was Muse and the song was titled Muscle Museum (the title is as esoteric as the song, derived using the word listed immediately before and after MUSE in the dictionary) and I was compelled to rush out the following day to snap up a copy of their album, Showbiz. There were several other great tracks on there and I was eager for their follow up.

Unfortunately, I didn't really keep up with them as well as I should have. It probably had something to do w/ delving more into dance/pop music. Fortunately, I rented a movie called High Tension and one of their songs, New Born, was featured. Their style is very distinctive, as I instantly knew it was them despite not knowing for sure and not having heard their music in years. Actually, I take that back. Their style is usually distinctive. With their latest single, Starlight, I didn't immediately recognize it as being performed by them. From what I've heard of their music (which admittedly isn't too much - only a song here and there), this does appear to be their most accessible track, as it's more upbeat (maybe not lyrically) than most of their other efforts.

Give it a listen to, and, if you like it, you can buy the album, Black Holes & Revelations on iTunes:
Muse


Artist: Muse
Album: Black Holes & Revelations
Track: Starlight

<br /><bgsound src="http://www.hddweb.com/65155/Starlight.m4a"><br />

1 comment:

muse-ic said...

now Muse would just happen to be one of the bets bands around recently. and you're right, their new album is certainly the most radio-friendly; however I prefer Origin Of Symmetry (the one New Born is from)

weyhey