Sunday, March 11, 2007

Weekend Recap

Where to start...hmmm...this weekend really didn't play out like I thought it would. I was supposed to have two dates w/ two different guys. One Saturday evening and the other Sunday for brunch. Both dates ended up being cancelled by the other party at the last minute; however, I did end up going on somewhat of a date.

I had plans with N for Saturday at 7 p.m. N is about my age. Physically, he reminds me of the guy I had a crush on all through high school...only much cuter. He's really very sweet and actually thinks I'm hot (nobody's ever told me that, I get cute at the most). I had a strong feeling that it wasn't going to happen, so I wasn't surprised when I received a text message at 6 p.m. that read, "I'm sick." He did call to explain his situation in more detail, and it was something I was very understanding about. I've had to deal w/ someone in a similar situation, so it's not something that would "scare" me off.

My second date was supposed to be Sunday morning. I met L last weekend after 3.5 years of having a crush from afar. He's a little older and Puerto Rican. In my opinion, he's just plain gorgeous. I had asked him to brunch and he never got back to me, so he pulled me aside when he saw me out last night. He said he would love to get together and even insisted we do lunch Sunday at 11 a.m. I was drinking last night, so I said, "sure." I ran into a friend of mine who is going through a rough patch in his life, so I stayed up until 5:30 with him. I didn't get much sleep, but still go up and dressed for brunch. However, like last night, I get a call at the last minute. He had to cancel because he's just not ready to date right now. Assuming he wasn't lying (which I don't think he was), I respect his decision. I just wish I had known earlier so I could have focused on getting the sleep I needed.

Much to my surprise, N actually called me when he got off of work today. He said he wanted to get together for a date, but then text messaged me asking if we could "maybe" just get coffee. This felt like he was trying to get out of it, so I told him he needed to let me know when he's actually able to make time for me. He quickly committed to a time and place, so I decided to give him a shot. I'm really glad that I did. We talked (well, it was mostly him cause I'm so quiet) for about two-and-a-half hours, and I learned a lot about him. I find him to be very interesting (and pretty easy on the eyes). I'm definitely going to be approaching this with extreme caution, but I'm interested in seeing where this may go.

Oh, and to make the night complete, I apparently cut my gum on something prior to our little date. Halfway into the night, he tells me it's been bleeding. Of course, I couldn't get it to stop. And it turns out he's somewhat anal about teeth, so we spent a lot of time discussing my gums. Even though he was very sweet about everything, I was embarassed. haha. Oh, and it stopped as soon as the date was over. Go figure.

4 comments:

GayProf said...

Sounds good -- But anal about teeth in what way? Is this going to lead to some sort of dental-hygienist role playing in the future?

Jimmi said...

Oh sounds like a good date! :) Now you need to talk more on your date so he can see how awesome you are too! Don't be shy! :)

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Hey handsome - this has next to nothing to do with your post (though it was about men and this is about men too), but I posted some *HOT* pics of Blake Lewis on my blog. ;-)

The Persian said...

I can't believe nobody has ever called you hot. I refuse to!

*hugs*