Wednesday, March 14, 2007

How Many Lawyers Does It Take To Order A Starbucks?

I just got back from my daily Starbucks run, and I was surprised by several of my co-workers. Okay, maybe not too surprised. There were six lawyers (they were together, not separate) in line ahead of me attempting to place five drink orders. Instead of having one person with a list or each individual stand by the barista to relay their drink orders, they were all over the place. One person would place their order and then walk off, but nobody else would go up to give their drink order. They had to track two or three of them down when their turns came up. The majority of them weren’t even sure what they wanted. Now these people are obviously very intelligent, but for some reason seem incapable of figuring out how to do something as simple as placing an order.

On a side note, I’m ready for this day to be over with! I have a third date w/ N tonight, and I’m really looking forward to it. He knows that it takes me a little while to come out of my shell, and obviously sees the potential cause it seems like he wants to stick around. I’m getting used to seeing him practically every night, so it’s going to suck when he leaves for a week starting tomorrow.

2 comments:

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Lawyers can be, well...insane!

Great news on the dating front. You DESERVE someone AWESOME.

Hey - do these guys know you have a blog? If so, you should think twice about blogging about them. Looking at it from your dates point of view - you don't seem too excited about any of it! Now, I know you are kind of mellow (and that is fine by me - kinda sexy and all), but if someone doesn't know that, well, they might think "why am I bothering"? And, if they don't know you have a blog now, but find out later and go back and read...well, I guess they'd know you well enough to realize you were really excited, but ya never know.

You CAN just tell me to shut up, you know...

P.S. - Blake looked GREAT, but it wasn't his best performance.

P.S.S. - when are you gonna visit MY blog? ;-)

gayborhood gringo said...

jdzs - First off, I'm sorry if you think I'm ignoring your blog. I'm ignoring most of them. I've been keeping myself busy the past few weeks (aside from the grieving time) off of the computer. The time that I do have is usually at work during my lunch break, and I have to be careful about what sites I do visit. So dont' take it personal...there are plenty of blogs I need to catch up on and wish that I could.

As for the guy I've been dating (over the course of all of five days - but I've seen him four of those days), it's not a matter of me not being enthusiastic (because I am), I just don't want to allow myself to get too excited so early on. and no, this person does not know that I have a blog.