Saturday, March 03, 2007

Boys, Boys & More Boys

As you may know, I haven't been on a real date in, oh, a year and a half. And I really only went on one before I was in an exclusive relationship. So a little over a year since that relationship fell apart and a few rendezvous with non-available guys, I am ready to finally get back into the dating scene.

Last weekend I met two guys. I was only able to introduce myself to the one that I really liked, but I did give him my phone number. He never called. I was able to spend a little more time with the other guy. He was probably a little drunk, but he was telling me how much he liked me and all that crap. He was cute enough and I probably would have given him a chance, but he never called like he insisted he was going to (I didn't ask if he would, he just kept telling me he would). I was okay with him not calling, but I was a little disappointed in the first guy.

I joined a friend out on "the strip" (it's where most of the gay bars/clubs are here in Dallas) last night, mostly in hopes of running into the first guy from last weekend. Another friend had told me that I really need to learn to approach people, so I wanted to work on that. We started out at JR's and it was pretty much dead. There were a lot of people, but nobody interesting in the slightest. So we headed over to Round Up. As we made our way around the loop, I locked eyes with a guy. This wasn't just any guy, though. I've had a little crush on him since I first saw him at the gym around 3 and a half years ago. Of course, at that time, I was in a relationship, so a little crush is all it could be. But last night, I took friend's advice and walked up and introduced myself. It went well, I think. As usual, I'm not going to be getting my hopes up.

After we parted ways, I spotted the guy from last week (the one that I wanted to call me) standing by himself. We hugged and he immediately apologized for not calling. He says that when he got home last weekend, he couldn't find the card I had written my number on so he had come out in hopes of running into me. I don't know if I necessarily believe that he came out just to find me, but, if true, it's really sweet. I've never had someone do that before. We spent the rest of the night together and I'm interested.

I've met three guys now, so hopefully at least one date will come of it. lol.

No comments: