Thursday, March 15, 2007

What I Gotta Do

Working out the past two evenings with N has made me want to get my butt (and the rest of the body) in shape. Well, that and N’s gorgeous body (seriously, if things progress w/ him, I’ve totally lucked out - he’s not only sexy, but he’s generous, caring and sweet), the latter being my biggest motivation. I plan on forcing myself to do some form of exercise every day, whether that is in the form of the gym, running or doing yoga at home. I’ve also been very well behaved in terms of my diet. I’m not on a diet, just trying to make healthier choices. Granted, the past two evenings with N has meant dinner at Taco Cabana (somewhere between Taco Bell and Chipotle) and a local Pizza joint, but I made better decisions than I normally would have.

N is out-of-town for the next week, so I won’t have a work out buddy. It’s gonna be a big test to my commitment to this goal, but I’m determined to not slack off. If I do it long enough, it’ll become routine. Something that will help is that I found out today that my new normal shift is now 7a-4p. I’m always more ready to work out at 5 p.m.ish, as that is the time I used to go at when I would run 3 miles practically every day (which I did for about two-and-a-half years).

2 comments:

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

More power to you, handsome man! That is too damn early in the morning for me too - the only exercise I like to get that early is lifting my coffee cup - that even then, anything before 8am is torture. Give me a long afternoon or evening run and workout anytime!

Daddy Cool said...

I'm so jealous of you peoples with your workout time. These days I'm lucky to hit the gym three times a week.