Friday, March 09, 2007

Put Your Records On 07.11

I use Last.fm to track the music I play, cause, well, I love lists. While I rarely use any other features beyond checking out what I'm listening to, the other day I happened to go to the page designated for my favourite band of the moment, Of Montreal. They had a list of similar artists along with a picture, and one of them caught my eye cause he looked cute. The picture was too small, so I had to visit his page to get a better view. And yes, he is gorgeous! Even better is that he is a very talented songwriter/singer. He produces quirky, thought-provoking songs that elicit repeat listenings. I'm currently stuck on two songs from his latest, non-holiday themed album (released all the way back in 2005), Illinois (a/k/a - Come On Feel The Illinoise), but that's my normal pattern. I seek out and latch on to one or two tracks and then slowly branch out to the others. I don't tire of an album quite as quickly this way.

So by now you are probably wondering which artist I am referring to. That would be Sufjan Stevens. If you haven't already heard of him, I highly recommend that you check him out.

Sufjan Stevens

In the meantime, hit play and give my favourite track a listen to.

Artist: Sufjan Stevens
Album: Illinois, a/k/a Come On Feel The Illinoise
Track: They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From The Dead!! Ahhhh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...hi. you might like www.listography.com for list keeping and sharing...

The Persian said...

Sufjan reminds me of you, you sort of look alike. Like this picture:

http://www.porcys.com/others_images/sufjanstevens.jpg

Yea, he is adorable. :)