Monday, March 19, 2007

Time For The Future

I'm considering going back to school as early as this fall. I spent one year at college back in 98/99. I was majoring in illustration, but lost my passion for art due to multiple circumstances. I've basically had to start over from scratch trying to figure out what it is that I want to do with my life in terms of career, and I feel like I may have just narrowed it down. I've been leaning toward graphic design over the past few days, so I'm going to look into possibly pursuing that. Considering both my roommate and the guy I just started to date (assuming it works out) are both graphic designers, I have people that can further help me along. Now I just need to get my finances in order, find out how much I can get in loans and find someone that I can move in w/ (as my rent is currently at $1000/mo).

4 comments:

Trunk Guy said...

Hey we're "in the same boat".

I only ever wanted to do my art as something I enjoyed when I was younger and now I want to move further into it professionally.

Problem is finding the time and the money to do so.

The best of luck x

GayProf said...

That's great! Student loans are easy to obtain. I would really pester your college's financial aide office, though, about options beyond loans.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

I think this is GREAT! Going back to school was one of the best decisions I ever made - I never thought I'd get my PhD, but here I am almost there (many years later), and I'll be set to do what I want to do: teach and write. There are lots of financial helpers - loans, scholarships, grants, work-study. If you lower your expenses it'll make it all easier (the less you need to borrow the better).

Daddy Cool said...

I agree with the others, it sounds very promising. Good luck.