Sunday, April 01, 2007

So Moving On

N called and asked me to have brunch w/ him today. I agreed cause I was hungry. So we're at this cute little bakery/restaurant having a somewhat strained conversation. He mentions how lovely it is today and that we should do something outdoors. I suggested the sculpture museum and he asked, "do you like to look at art?" Considering I suggested a museum, I told him that I did. His response was:

"Well, no offense, but I can't stand looking at art. I think people who do are dumb."

He went on further making fun of people who like to look at art and then started dogging Picasso's art. While his not liking to look at art and his hatred of all things Picasso is all fine and dandy (to each their own, right?), did he think that I wouldn't be insulted because he tagged on the "no offense" disclaimer? Granted, I say that to female friends when I'm insulting women drivers, but I always state that I am in no way referring to all women. He made it clear that he was referring to all.

I didn't really say anything because I've learned that with people like that, there is really no point in arguing. They are obviously upset about something else and think they need to bring others down with them. My first boyfriend did that for three years. It worked back then, but no longer. I just got finished saying that I was going to distance myself from him, so it looks like I decided to do so just in time.

No comments: