Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Good Times, Good Times

I’m back! I know you couldn’t wait for my return or to hear all about my holiday. *Note the sarcasm.

This was a pleasant holiday. I was able to see a lot of friends and welcome some new family members (my sister’s four step-children). Saturday was my day to spend with friends. I met Dustin and Jorge for lunch at Berry Hill, a latin restaurant, in the Montrose area. Jorge brought along his very cute friend Alex, who, on top of being eye candy, was charming and sweet. As expected (since I was attracted to him), he has a boyfriend. We caught up, reminisced and got a good buzz going over a bottomless pitcher of mimosas. After about three hours, we parted ways so we could all get some beauty rest before we met up again later that evening.

Jorge picked me up that evening for KT’s Christmas party. They have a beautiful home and her parents were gracious and lovely hosts. I especially enjoyed the six pomegranate martinis I had. After about three hours, we ventured out to the clubs to meet up with Alex and a couple of my Dallas friends. We drank a lot more while making the rounds at The Mining Co., Blur and South Beach (SoBe), so I ended up staying the night in Jorgey’s guest bedroom. What can I say, I’m a responsible drunk.

I woke up bright and early to get home in time for the birthday breakfast my sister was making for her husband. I was introduced to the kids, who all ended up being sick. Which was the excuse I used when I kept my distance from them the rest of my time there. I was actually uncomfortable around them, as I rarely interact with kids. Aside from being sick, though, they were very well behaved.

Zadie (pictured) was introduced to her two aunts, two toy rat terries named Minni and Kirby (who I nicknamed Piguin – a cross between a pot bellied pig and a penguin). She was initially nervous, but began warming up to being around other people and dogs. I just need to keep her socialized, so I’m hoping that a new friend of mine will be up for getting our dogs together for play dates on a regular basis.

There really isn’t much else to report. Aside from being with family and friends for the holiday, there isn’t much else to report. At least not anything entertaining enough. I’m off to try to catch some ZZZs before I meet up with friends for dinner, drinking and showtunes karaoke tonight.

I hope all of you that celebrate a holiday around this time had a good one!

No comments: