Tuesday, December 12, 2006

All The Party People

I’ve been postponing this post about my pre-birthday weekend debauchery because I was waiting for some pictures that apparently don’t exist. Quite frankly, I was a little too buzzed to remember if there were any pictures taken at all. So here’s a picture-less recap:

Friday night, I joined Adam and Brad for a night on the strip with Brett, Brian, Mark, Rich and a few others. We started off at Round Up and worked our way over to S4’s The Rose Room for the drag show. I’ve been up to The Rose Room before, but this was the first time that I stayed for the entire show. The MC kept us in stitches the entire time. Later, we headed downstairs for some dancing, and then made our way over to TMC.

Saturday my best friend, Chad, drove up from Houston. That night was more of the same, except with more drinking. Adam made me talk to a guy I made the mistake of saying was cute. I was too sober, so it was awkward. Fuck it, though, I didn't want to bother with trying to meet a boy that night. I wanted to focus on having fun with my friends. I did get hit on later, though, but I'll more on that.

Sunday I somehow crawled out of bed and managed to make it to brunch at Ciudad. Chad and I met the gang from Friday night. It was fun once I managed to get two margaritas in. Oh, not that the company was boring or anything, I was just out of it from having so much to drink the night before.

I had the day off Monday to recover; however, in the afternoon, I ended up meeting up with the guy that hit on me Saturday. The two relationships that I have been in over the past five years have kind of skipped passed the whole dating thing, so I did start to get really anxious. Thankfully, Adam put things into perspective for me and I was able to enjoy just hanging out with the guy.

Later that evening, another friend took me out to dinner for my birthday. It was at a cute little Italian restaurant. We topped the night off with some gelato at Central Market. Had it been a date, it would be have a really good one. Too bad he's already taken. His boyfriend is really lucky.

That was my weekend. I know I left a lot out, but you'll just have to put that old imagination of yours to work.

4 comments:

DanNation said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Funny both of my 2 past relationships (3 year live-ins) skipped right over the dating process. My most recent Ex and I never spent a night apart after the first one. Sort of suffocating.

I guess that when I meet someone I really like (which is almost never lately) and get that sort of exited feeling in the bottom of my stomach thinking about them I don't want to see other people.

anyway ... glad Adam put things into perspective, he is a wise man, beyond his years. :)

It sounds like you had an excellent weekend in any case.

Anonymous said...

I had to post that Anon. because wonky blogger won't let me post logged in.

Jim (The Persian)

Daddy Cool said...

Sounds like a busy and fun weekend.