Monday, December 18, 2006

Doggy Day Care

Yesterday I cleaned my apartment before I left to visit a friend that was passing through town. Later that night while I was getting ready to meet a friend out for drinks (which he totally flaked on me - so he better have damn good excuse), my tiny 3 lb. dog managed to leave several little presents throughout the apartment and tear one of the potty pads to shreds. She then proceeded to spread said shreds all across the apartment. She managed to do all of this in the span of my ten minute long shower.

So daddy needs one night off from Zadie. I love her to death, but I have grown exhausted from cleaning up her shit only to turn around and find more. It's to the point where I'm ashamed to have guests over. I dropped her off at doggy day care again today, and, thankfully, she is actually in doggy day care. However, I'm not going to be picking her up until tomorrow night. Yep, call me a horrible parent, but I really just need a night to myself.

Thankfully, they have webcams set up in all the different areas that the dogs have access to, so I have been watching her all day. Of course, I can't tell if she is having fun, but I would assume she's far more excited than she would be if she had spent the day in her pin.

No comments: