Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Good Girl

I took Zadie for a walk this evening. This may not sound like anything unusual for a dog owner, but this was actually the first time that she's cooperated. She hates her leash and I have spent weeks working to get her to walk with me. I'm starting to have her use the restroom outside, so when I got home I immediately took her downstairs. Much to my amazement, she started walking when I set her down. So, after she tinkled, I decided to see how far I could go. We ended up walking around the entire block! She fought some of the way, but was very cooperative the majority of the time. Of course, once we got inside, she proceeded to be a naughty girl by running over to the couch and scratching it.

There were actually two Zadie related milestones today. She managed to make it the entire day without completely destroying her potty pad. THANK GOD for Bitter Apple!

1 comment:

Trunk Guy said...

I am really pleased you and Zadie are reaching these milestones - it's great when owner and pet co operate isn't it :)