Friday, December 15, 2006

Doggonit

My schedule this week has varied, but not my sleep routine. I never had a chance to recoup from this past weekend, either. So, I took Zadie (my dog) into the vet today w/ the intention of having her in their doggy day care all day long. I wanted her to be worn out when I got home, instead of full of energy. That way I could pop a sleeping pill and crash.

Unfortunately, they required her to have her last round of shots. Since I had this scheduled for Monday, I asked if I could just leave her and have them give her the shots so she could go play. Four hours went by and I was still not seeing her in doggy day care (oh, there's a webcam), so I called to see what was up. They told me they were getting ready to give her the shots, so I continued to wait. Then I got a call 15 minutes ago from the vet telling me that she was ready to be picked up. When I asked if she was in doggy day care, they told me that they had her up front w/ them resting. Apparently, the shots this time around are a lot harder on a dog her size than her previous shots were.

I love my vet, but I'm seriously pissed. The entire point of me taking her there today was to go to doggy day care, not to get the shots. I had that scheduled for Monday. So now I'm going to be charged $10 for something she didn't even get to go to when I could have saved that money and taken her on Monday morning like I had originally scheduled. And to make things worse, they have her resting! That's the complete opposite of what I had hoped she would be doing today.

If I'm lucky, she'll be worn out from all the excitement of being around lots of people. And if she is up front w/ the workers, then hopefully they will be playing w/ her enough to keep her relaxed when she gets home. Don't get me wrong, I love my little Zadie, but her daddy just really needs a good night's rest.

3 comments:

Trunk Guy said...

Did you get your sleep?

I know how you feel. I love our cats but when Brandy gets on the bed and jumps on my chest at 4am it can be a tad annoying!

Doug said...

Poor baby....same goes for your dog, too, gettin' those shots 'n' all.

Jason said...

Zadie is a cutie.
I remember those sleepless nights with a puppy. It gets better. Chewie toys kept my pup occupied and out of my socks.